Young Energy Professionals Corner: The Energy Sector as a Home of Opportunities
22 Jun 2023
YES! Theatre 2
Meet the YES Partners
Session Hosted by: KenGen’s Y-Gen Youth Empowerment Programme
- A message to your younger self: reviewing the steps taken and sharing journeys.
- Young women in engineering: a highlight of the adventures and challenges from one of our female rig technicians at the centre of KenGen’s geothermal exploits
- From the eyes of a mentor: A senior young Engineer who has mentored a wide range of professionals to deliver in a highly demanding sector.
- The energy sector as a home for diverse professions: bringing on board the scientists, ICT and human resource specialists to share their experience in the dynamic and ever changing energy sector.
- Y-Gen as a possible template for other sector players and entities to encourage the development of youth as a key pillar towards business and sector sustainability.
Moderator: Catherine Leech, Geochemist, KenGen, Republic of Kenya
- KenGen’s Y-Gen’ers:
- Judith Mbogo, Communications Specialist, KenGen, Republic of Kenya
- Bob Osoro, Engineer, KenGen, Republic of Kenya
- Nelly Kosgei, Rig Technician, KenGen, Republic of Kenya
- Nenkishon Ntikalai, HR Specialist, KenGen, Republic of Kenya
- Evans Bett, Geothermal Drilling Manager, (Mentor), KenGen, Republic of Kenya
- Hussein Bakabsha, ICT Specialist, KenGen, Republic of Kenya
- Emelda Kogai, Engineer, KenGen, Republic of Kenya
- Amal Ayub Janmohamed, Engineer, KenGen, Republic of Kenya