Energy & gender stakeholder roundtable: Prioritizing Women's Leadership for a Just Energy Transition
22 Jun 2023
YES! Theatre 2
Meet the YES Partners
Session Hosted by IFC & Power Africa
- Connecting the need to close the gender gap in STEM training/skills and why this is so important to developing women leaders and to the future of climate change.
- Why should female graduates be interested in a career in a climate-related field such a renewable energy?
- The importance of having more women in the workforce and the co-relation between women’s participation and positive climate change outcomes.
Moderator: Yvonne Okwara, Journalist, Republic of Kenya
- Olga Utchavo Madeira, Director, National Renewable Energy Office, Mozambique
- Idesbald Chinamula, General Director, National Agency for Electrification & Energy Services in Rural & Periurban Areas (ANSER), Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Morgan Hillenbrand, Director of Communications, USAID's Engendering Industries program, USA
- Jasper Graf von Hardenberg, CEO, Daystar Power, Nigeria
- Prisca Atieno Ochieng, Operations Manager, Strathmore Energy Research Centre
- Oluwatosin George, WREA Mentee, IFC