The Clean Cooking Alliance (CCA) works with a global network of partners to build an inclusive industry that can make clean cooking accessible to all. Established in 2010, CCA is driving consumer demand, mobilizing investment, and supporting policies that allow the clean cooking sector to thrive. Some of the CCA’s accomplishments to date include:
- CCA has provided more than US$25 million in support for companies across the clean cooking industry.
- CCA's demand creation and behavior change campaigns have reached more than 40 million people in 8 countries.
- CCA has trained more than 5,000 women entrepreneurs, youths, and educators, and helped 28 companies integrate gender into their operations.
- CCA supported the development and launch of the Spark+ Africa Fund, the world’s first impact fund financing clean and modern cooking solutions. The fund raised US $54 million at first close and has already made initial investments of US $4 million in BURN Manufacturing and US $2 million in Sumac Microfinance Bank, both in Kenya.
- CCA launched new strategic partnerships with the UN Capital Development Fund (UNCDF) and the African Guarantee Fund to promote financial innovation and investment in African and Asian markets.
- CCA-sponsored youth delegates brought clean cooking messages to the forefront at several global events, including the Sustainable Energy for All Forum in Rwanda and the One Young World Summit in the United Kingdom.
- CCA hosted a delegation of 20 young people to actively participate in its 2022 Clean Cooking Forum, in partnership with Student Energy. The 2022 event also included a panel discussion with young entrepreneurs and leaders in clean cooking and sustainable energy.